Friday tip of the day – Antifreeze and your Pets

July 14, 2012 at 1:52 am Leave a comment

Did you know that antifreezes containing ethylene glycol are highly toxic for your pets (and children)? Often these substances have a sweet flavor that attracts many pets and only takes a small amount for toxicity to occur. If you keep antifreeze around your home, use safe varieties such as ones containing propylene glycol instead. If your pet has ingested an antifreeze containing ethylene glycol, call your veterinarian immediately.

Advertisements

Entry filed under: Dogs. Tags: .

Sunny week-end on Lake Washington July in Mukilteo

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed



%d bloggers like this: